Tuesday Tech Tips April 15, 2014Posted by Judy Deichman in Check this out!.
Tags: Internet, internet safety, search engines, Technology
Librarians, do you want a great search engine for your younger researchers? Well, DuckDuckGo is for you. Â It is a wonderful resource that promotes internet safety and guarantees valid and reliable search results for your students.
Some of the assets of this resource:
- Does not store IP addresses.
- Has zero-click information boxes.
- Does not collect or share personal information.
- Avoids “filter bubble” of search results.
- Emphasizes good sources versus quantity of sources.
- Ease of use.
- Great for younger students.
- Internet safety.
Please give this search engine a try with your students. Â You will not be disappointed.